Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Closer to Home

Some of my devoted may know just what this is all about. I had the opportunity to see Grand Funk once, I passed. I was afraid the old WLVQ anthem just wouldnt be there, old guys trying to avoid real jobs with a crowd of folks trying to avoid real life. Maybe that makes sense.

What I do know is we haven't done much of the classic stuff here, mostly the heavy and rare which is good but Grand Funk....we cant forget them even if I am wary of seeing the modern day version. I did see Molly Hatchet once and it was a totally new thing from the memories of my youth listening to my uncles leftover vinyl.

We speak of good harmony, melody, vocals and Grand Funk Railroad has it all. They have so much of it all that we need not have much else. Nor do most classic rock stations play the shit out of them. I could go into a big conspiratorial rant right now about why your typical Jaycorp station is gonna hammer the same 500 songs in your head for the last 30 years and counting but I wont. Just enjoy the Funk