Monday, June 15, 2009

Something to Say

A friend of mine recently told me she had never heard The Misfits. It left me in surprise and awe, here I thought this woman knew all about Glenn, Only and the rest of the rotation gang but no, she was only familiar with the logo.

This conversation came about as I had to quickly stop myself the other day. You see my devoted I cherish my low maintenance lifestyle which allows me to live in a private RV park, and in doing so as One might expect around me are some older folks and with them tend to be grandchildren from time to time. Well it is advisable to not be singing Last Caress with your neighbors in ear shot.

The Misfits helped me vent my teenage angst and these days still allow me to sing some of the most macabre lyrics I have likely ever heard penned. Latter Misfits incarnations seem to be losing the original shock value and 12 dollar skull patches being sold @ Hot Topic don't help either. Gone are the days of Magnolia Thunderpussy here are the days of Chinese made Vans and Mall Rats that have never moshed. Yes we have covered my judgemental bastardom, yes we have

And just so y'all know......Metallica can not and will not ever do justice to The Misfits. BAH!