Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Child Hood

My early teens were peppered with nothing more than skateboards and skateboards. It was my daily thought, my daily ambition, affliction and addiction. God I loved the sound of urethane clicking along on pavement.

About 16 my life turned to booze, drugs and girls and the skateboards moved to the back of the closet. I imagine if E-Bay had come along yet those same boards would have been posted on there for sale. the boards I once loved. Sooner rather than later I moved on , or rather sold out, to become a person I knew deep inside I never was.

Drug addiction and other mental health issues had taken me over and I self medicated on a daily basis for many years to come. I won't go into the whole long and tear filled story right here but I do know that these two men were at the forefront of ones I once looked up to. Read about in magazines, watched on VHS and traveled many a mile to witness in contests and demo's.

funny how life works out at times. Though they may have a different slant on there Higher Power it is still the same 360 air.

Thanks Lance, Thanks Christian. I once again admire you.