Friday, December 9, 2011

FCS FOOTBALL

It's been some time since we had a post about pigskin here and since we have come smack into my favorite time of football season....NO...not the BCS Bowl Bids (SHAM) No...not the Heisman (Ehh) What I am talking about is FCS playoffs. You know the weird teams that play FBS schools as a tune up and make a million bucks or so to go get the snot whooped out of em. Yeah, I always root for the FCS teams in those games and LOVE seein the upset once or twice a year.


Anyhow, tonight one of my favorite FCS schools was on the national TV stage. The Montana Grizzlies vs the University of Northern Iowa Panthers. Griz trailed 7-0 in the first quarter then came out to a 48-3 scoring smack down! That's how ya make a statement.

Washington-Grizzly stadium is likely one of the coolest venues I have ever laid TV eyes on and it is a bucket list item to one day see a game in this hollowed ground.

Now it is possible that the Griz could meet up with GASO (Georgia Southern) the last remaining SoCon team which is possible where my allegiance should lie bein's how I am a WCU guy and should remain conference loyal but.....The Griz has my attention