Friday, December 16, 2011

Jones N Johnson

I admit it, when I was a kid, (teens) I thought country was about the sappiest form of music out there. These days I get it. Country....real COUNTRY! Is bad ass. No before you go spoutin off about some Keith Urban or Taylor Swift or some shit sit back down, that shit comin out of Nashville with a recorded DJ spittin across every major market in N.America....that aint country (you can kiss my ass)

This shit right here, this is country, real true outlaw country. Jamey Johnson is one of the few modern artists that really get it, really get real country.



George Jones, Hank, Merle....that shit is country. when it comes to the new guys you got Jamey Johnson, that about it. Eric Church tried it but then went to radio, Dwight Yoakam is close and maybe a few others but likely we aint heard em cuz Nashville (whore) won't play 'em.

I recommend listening to this in a grungy garage with a coffee (black) and cigarette, or maybe behind the wheel of a straight drive four wheel drive sloppin through the mud, takin the back road to Cherokee cuz ya got an ounce or to of bam bam ready to cut up.