Monday, April 20, 2009

Envelope edge bursts wide open.



As one who is absolutely enthralled with the sport or "lifestyle" if you will of motorcycles. One of the most common questions I hear from cagers or non-motorcyclists is...."Those things seem so dangerous" or another good one is from the balding overweight middle age dude who wants to tell me about the year or two he owned a Kawasaki 500 or maybe some fuckin dirtbike his cousins nephews sisters kid had at the family reunion and he accidentally wheelied. Usually a guy such as this will tell me such a thing to try and "qualify" in my eyes or my nearby biker buddies. As if the fact that now he has a mortgage, kids and a mini-van made it a good idea to sell the bike. Fuck no dude....it was a bad idea!!! If I were to get married it sure wouldn't be to some woman who says "Sell the bikes or the weddings off!" And if she did I would know then and there that a woman who wants me to sacrifice my own personal joys for the privilege of marrying her is no woman I need to marry at all.

So this was supposed to be a rant about above dude and how I don't know how the hell he got like that but he did and I bet he just loved seeing that shot but somehow it turned into my rant about "responsible" people. Where does it say that as we age we should stop having fun?? Truth be known the more I age the more god-damned fun I have.

God loves motorcycles.